If performing an upgrade from a previous version of EPG123, it is only necessary to run the new setup file or copy over the old files with the contents of the portable zip file. No further action is required.
20 January 2021
Quick release to fix a problem with HDHR2MXF that would cause the imported lineup to have zero channels.
- [fix] correct syntax error of generated mxf file for hdhr2mxf
- [fix] add error catching for client when trying to fix merged channels that have no primary channel. Failure would prevent the client GUI from opening and/or the automatch routine to log an error.
- [update] enabled the guide listing verify function for hdhr2mxf generated mxf files
- [update] improved the transfer tool to accurately reflect any scheduled recordings for recording requests
17 January 2021
Missed a null check for OneTime requests that would prevent the Transfer Tool from opening if the request was for a service that no longer exists in the current database lineups.
- [Fix] OneTime requests on non-existing service (station) would prevent the Transfer Tool from opening
- [Fix] if the WMC database still contained the old broadband channels, the client GUI would be in an infinite loop trying to repair them and would prevent the database [Restore] from working
16 January 2021
Fairly minor update to add some fixes. I bumped the build number due to expanding the Transfer Tool application.
- [Fix] the task schedule panel in the client would not update correctly after deleting a task
- [Fix] hdhr2mxf would fail to create an mxf file if the xmltv downloaded from SiliconDust contained listings for a channel that was not part of the user’s lineup
- [Improvement] client will now “fix” merged channels that do not have a primary channel which should eliminate those log entries
- [Change] will again run PVR reindexing immediately after updates rather than wait for the database reindexing to do it which could be minutes after import has completed
- [Improvement] change in the verify task to not reuse schedule entries which could confuse WMC if the schedule entry was scheduled to record with a OneTime request
- [Improvement] the Transfer Tool will include a lot more insight into the requests to be imported and the requests that exist in WMC
27 December 2020
Minor update to apply some needed fixes. There was a lot of code changes but this was primarily from using JetBrains reSharper program to help clean up code and they definitely like LINQ to replace a lot of my using and if/else code. Starting with this version, the title bar for both GUIs will now show the build number so instead of v1.6.0 it will show v188.8.131.52.
- [Fix] match by number and callsign operations in the client GUI would not disable empty/unassigned channels
- [Fix] client GUI would close if there was a problem with a merged channel in the database
- [Fix] undelete operation would not work and would close the client form
- [Fix] a false indication of a recording in progress would prevent the guide import
- [Improvement] the Sports category will now include all sports non-events and sports talk shows rather than just some sports events
28 November 2020
[fix] the automatch routine would unmap manually mapped listings to channels of a different number; example: the user mapped a channel 10 guide listing to channel 100, that mapping would be removed from channel 100 during automatch.
26 November 2020
The [Rebuild WMC Database] and [Restore] functions were failing to delete the existing database file. This release is to fix that
25 November 2020
Major release to reduce risk of database recoveries due to garbage cleanups as well as mitigate the chance of the client being killed after a schedule entry verification. This involved a serious rewrite of the client code but well worth it.
NOTE: If you had added the “-verify” option to your scheduled task for v184.108.40.206, you will have to remove it for this version or it will fail to execute.
- [Fix] epgTray would only allow a single instance to run so only 1 user would be able to run it at a time on the same machine
- [Improvement] client does a 100% verification of all schedule entries so the guide will always match what was downloaded from Schedules Direct
- [Improvement] many improvements to the client GUI to be quicker in loading and filtering
31 October 2020
epg123Setup_v220.127.116.11.zip Installation package for Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10
This version makes the MXF load verification optional. There is an issue with a WMC process kicking off while doing the verification that when done will perform a DisposeAll() on the WMC database. This causes the epg123 process to crash leaving the database in an unknown state. The verification will probably work on small databases, those that download hundreds of stations and maximum days are at risk of having problems.
ISSUES WITH V18.104.22.168?
If you are having issues with v22.214.171.124 not completing the MXF file verification, you can downgrade back to v126.96.36.199. If you see the tray icon staying blue with the comment “Verifying MXF Load…” for longer than 5 minutes, or if you look at the log file and it abruptly ends at “Entering VerifyLoad()”, then you are impacted by this. I am working to find the root of this problem, so please be patient.
If you are impacted by this and wish to participate in helping me resolve it, please contact me at email@example.com.
25 October 2020
epg123Setup_v188.8.131.52.zip Installation package for Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10
Major release to apply some fixes, improve error catching involving the cache, and introducing a MXF file load verification which will improve on the guide accuracy due to WMC not incorporating all guide changes.
- [Fix] updates would fail if lineup added a new station (introduced in 184.108.40.206)
- [Fix] new installs would not perform [Save & Execute] due to folder permissions, though scheduled task would still work (introduced in 220.127.116.11)
- [Improvement] added ability to remove all listings for a single station, though may not be needed with next improvement
- [Improvement] will verify and correct differences between contents of the MXF file and the WMC database
- [Reliability] better determination of whether increased tuner limit worked and/or needed during client setup
- [Reliability] will no longer allow client GUI to be open during an update. An error will be logged if an update runs and either the EPG123 GUI or the EPG123 Client GUI are open.
- [Reliability] added multiple checks to verify integrity of the cache file and will no longer compress the file in order to avoid possible compression errors
For earlier versions, go to the archive page.