If performing an upgrade from a previous version of EPG123, it is only necessary to run the new setup file or copy over the old files with the contents of the portable zip file. No further action is required.
04 July 2020
Let’s celebrate our freedom from Microsoft. This is a minor release to primarily improve the garbage cleanup task. By default, when performing a garbage cleanup, the mcupdate task will attempt to download the maintenance package at the beginning and kick off the reindexing task at the end. EPG123 will prevent both things from happening; the first would just generate an error in the Event Viewer, the second would cause the reindexing to be running while the updated guide listings were being imported.
- prevents maintenance package download and reindexing task from running during a garbage cleanup
- upon closing of the configuration GUI, if there have been any changes to the configuration the user will be notified and given the opportunity to save the changes
- when performing a database backup, the garbage cleanup will be prevented from running
- added option in Tweak WMC concerning the status logo to only show when there is a WARNING, ERROR, or an update available.
21 June 2020
I had a syntax error which allowed the garbage cleanup to run for the [Save & Execute] operation. Fixed.
20 June 2020
Due to MS shutting down their servers for WMC package updates, new WMC installs will not benefit from the client maintenance package to keep the database healthy. This version will perform a database garbage cleanup every 5 days as part of the scheduled import. There is no action for the user to take for this to happen. Any user that does not want EPG123 to take care of their database will need to edit the epg123_update scheduled task to add ” -nogc” at the end of the epg123Client action. It is strongly encouraged to run the garbage cleanup periodically or the database can become corrupted and will no longer be able to accept updated guide listings.
At the beginning of a scheduled import, EPG123 will check to see if a database cleanup is needed. If so, it will kick off “mcupdate.exe -dbgc” and wait for it to complete before importing the new MXF guide listings file. This process can take a while depending on your database size.
NOTE: The garbage cleanup will not be run as part of a [Save & Execute] operation.
- [new] performs database garbage cleanup every 5 days as part of the guide import
- [improvement] failed metadata downloads from Schedules Direct will try again for any closed connection issues
- [improvement] movie poster art will prioritize to be the actual poster art instead of the DVD art (which is now second in priority)
- [improvement] movies in XMLTV will not be considered a Repeat
- [fix] a space will be added between the program description and the series Season/Episode text if option to append it is enabled for better readability in certain pages
- [improvement] EPG123 will no longer create a backup of the configuration file whenever a change is made
16 May 2020
FIX: The channel logos setting for XMLTV would revert back to “local” on subsequent loads with [Save] or [Save & Execute]. Will now keep desired setting.
13 May 2020
Making a slight adjust to how EPG123 crops these new station logos. It is being a bit too aggressive, particularly with the white logos, and is cutting out too much.
11 May 2020
Apologies. One of the features, to save the xmltv file anywhere, did not make it into the last build. This build corrects that.
10 May 2020
Some new features folks might like as well as formalizing some undocumented features that have been around quite a while.
- [new] ability to select style of station logos. Choices are “white”, “gray”, “dark” (good contrast with dark backgrounds), and “light” (good contrast with light backgrounds). Schedules Direct is working on providing these right now. Settings will take effect as soon as that happens.
- [new] ability to use an alternate series/episode format; S1:E2 instead of s01e02.
- [new] ability to restore deleted scanned channels using the client. Use the sudo-undo button beside the ‘+’ channel add button.
- [new] added a column to show guide end date/time for each channel in the client
- [new] added ability for XMLTV users to save in a different location and filename
- increased allowed ClearQAM subchannel number from 1000 to 9999
- reduced connection error with TMDB to Information only instead of an error
- now compresses the cache file for an even smaller footprint
- improved logging for some functions downloading data from Schedules Direct
- improved configuration GUI to be tabulated. XMLTV configuration is easier to understand/manage, I hope.
21 March 2020
More optimization. I am now including the images in the new cache file and eliminating the guideImages.xml file. I also removed more non-useful information and after adding the images, the cache file is still smaller than v18.104.22.168.
19 March 2020
If you are consistently (more than twice in a row) getting a Warning for “Problem occurred during getAllSeriesImages(). Did not process all series image links”, this fix will solve it.
- [fix] would stop processing image links if encountered an uncached sports (“SP”) program
17 March 2020
Minor fixes, but big change in performance.
- [fix] some sports programs would not get artwork
- [fix] the -nologos switch for HDHR2MXF was ignored
- will add a log entry when pausing an import due to an active recording
- will now create a single flat file for the entire cache to reduce drive seek/read/write operations and usage. The conversion will happen on the first update and can take some additional time to complete.
- [pro] less storage required
- [pro] less stress on mechanical drives
- [pro] quicker updates
- [con] updates will utilize more RAM
04 February 2020
Minor updates, no jump in version number.
- add ability to manually add a lineup if you know the lineup id
- add matching names for DVB-S channels to use WMC’s built-in ability to match a listing to a channel.
- client form now shows version number in title bar
- add ability to copy the mergedchannel list into the clipboard, tab delimited
06 January 2020
Needed to get this out for the WMC crashing on programs without images. Those experiencing this problem will either have to wait for the current guide listings to die out, or can perform a [Save & Execute] from the configuration GUI and then use the client to [Rebuild WMC Database].
- [fix] when looking at a single channel guide list view, WMC would crash on programs that did not have an image
- [fix] the add lineup form would not show when run on a computer that has never had WMC installed/setup
- [fix] client form would close when experiencing a corrupted mergedchannel in the WMC database
- [fix] selecting to center logos while using the ‘Default’ column width would cause the logos to not be visible
- stopped getting TMDB configurations if user elects to not use TMDB images
- client add channel function allows ClearQAM channels with subchannels higher than 999
- timespan tweak will now work with a non-widescreen WMC format
- client will now wait up to 23 hours to import new guide listings if recordings are in progress rather than only 5
- transferred recordings from MS/Rovi requests will change the channel option to ‘Any Channel’ to avoid incorrect/invalid values with new lineup(s)
- if a scheduled task does not exist, the time entry will be a random value
For earlier versions, go to the archive page.