If performing an upgrade from a previous version of EPG123, it is only necessary to run the new setup file or copy over the old files with the contents of the portable zip file. No further action is required.
28 November 2020
[fix] the automatch routine would unmap manually mapped listings to channels of a different number; example: the user mapped a channel 10 guide listing to channel 100, that mapping would be removed from channel 100 during automatch.
26 November 2020
The [Rebuild WMC Database] and [Restore] functions were failing to delete the existing database file. This release is to fix that
25 November 2020
Major release to reduce risk of database recoveries due to garbage cleanups as well as mitigate the chance of the client being killed after a schedule entry verification. This involved a serious rewrite of the client code but well worth it.
NOTE: If you had added the “-verify” option to your scheduled task for v126.96.36.199, you will have to remove it for this version or it will fail to execute.
- [Fix] epgTray would only allow a single instance to run so only 1 user would be able to run it at a time on the same machine
- [Improvement] client does a 100% verification of all schedule entries so the guide will always match what was downloaded from Schedules Direct
- [Improvement] many improvements to the client GUI to be quicker in loading and filtering
31 October 2020
epg123Setup_v188.8.131.52.zip Installation package for Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10
This version makes the MXF load verification optional. There is an issue with a WMC process kicking off while doing the verification that when done will perform a DisposeAll() on the WMC database. This causes the epg123 process to crash leaving the database in an unknown state. The verification will probably work on small databases, those that download hundreds of stations and maximum days are at risk of having problems.
ISSUES WITH V184.108.40.206?
If you are having issues with v220.127.116.11 not completing the MXF file verification, you can downgrade back to v18.104.22.168. If you see the tray icon staying blue with the comment “Verifying MXF Load…” for longer than 5 minutes, or if you look at the log file and it abruptly ends at “Entering VerifyLoad()”, then you are impacted by this. I am working to find the root of this problem, so please be patient.
If you are impacted by this and wish to participate in helping me resolve it, please contact me at email@example.com.
25 October 2020
epg123Setup_v22.214.171.124.zip Installation package for Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10
Major release to apply some fixes, improve error catching involving the cache, and introducing a MXF file load verification which will improve on the guide accuracy due to WMC not incorporating all guide changes.
- [Fix] updates would fail if lineup added a new station (introduced in 126.96.36.199)
- [Fix] new installs would not perform [Save & Execute] due to folder permissions, though scheduled task would still work (introduced in 188.8.131.52)
- [Improvement] added ability to remove all listings for a single station, though may not be needed with next improvement
- [Improvement] will verify and correct differences between contents of the MXF file and the WMC database
- [Reliability] better determination of whether increased tuner limit worked and/or needed during client setup
- [Reliability] will no longer allow client GUI to be open during an update. An error will be logged if an update runs and either the EPG123 GUI or the EPG123 Client GUI are open.
- [Reliability] added multiple checks to verify integrity of the cache file and will no longer compress the file in order to avoid possible compression errors
For earlier versions, go to the archive page.