If performing an upgrade from a previous version of EPG123, it is only necessary to run the new setup file or copy over the old files with the contents of the portable zip file. No further action is required.
06 January 2020
Needed to get this out for the WMC crashing on programs without images. Those experiencing this problem will either have to wait for the current guide listings to die out, or can perform a [Save & Execute] from the configuration GUI and then use the client to [Rebuild WMC Database].
- [fix] when looking at a single channel guide list view, WMC would crash on programs that did not have an image
- [fix] the add lineup form would not show when run on a computer that has never had WMC installed/setup
- [fix] client form would close when experiencing a corrupted mergedchannel in the WMC database
- [fix] selecting to center logos while using the ‘Default’ column width would cause the logos to not be visible
- stopped getting TMDB configurations if user elects to not use TMDB images
- client add channel function allows ClearQAM channels with subchannels higher than 999
- timespan tweak will now work with a non-widescreen WMC format
- client will now wait up to 23 hours to import new guide listings if recordings are in progress rather than only 5
- transferred recordings from MS/Rovi requests will change the channel option to ‘Any Channel’ to avoid incorrect/invalid values with new lineup(s)
- if a scheduled task does not exist, the time entry will be a random value
31 December 2019
Accumlation of v1.3.3.x updates and a couple more. MSSE/Defender AV software has decided to flag v18.104.22.168 as containing a Trojan. This was a false detection. Easiest route is to build another version. I passed the setup program through VirusTotal and no detects other than Trapmine due to low ml score.
- [fix] scheduled task would fail to create if epg123 was installed in a custom folder with a space in it
- the client would crash if the option to view only enabled channels was clicked while the listview was being refreshed
- for ClearQAM channels, if the channel is encrypted there will be a padlock symbol in the TuningInfo column for that channel
29 December 2019
Just because it has been a whole day since the last update
- [fix] HDHR2MXF would fail if you had a HDHR device/recorder active on the network but then removed/disabled that device recently
- [logger] the client will no longer log an error from the reindexing tasks unless both the primary and alternate methods failed to work
- [add] added support to display tuninginfo and ability to add channels for “Freestyle generic tuning space for STB”, basically IR channels for set-top-boxes
28 December 2019
Fix for HDHR2MXF and Cable Lineups
- [fix] some stations in a CC lineup would not match to a guide listing in the xmltv file causing a failed import
Users of previous versions of HDHR2MXF may lose guide listings after the update. You will just need to go into the client and click the Match by: [# Number] button.
27 December 2019
- [patch] some xmltv program entries do not conform with the dd_progid episode numbering system and is causing aborts. HDHR2MXF will ignore invalid entries which means some stations may have no guide listings
27 December 2019
This is for HDHR2MXF users that only have their DVR Service through the purchase of a SERVIO
- [fix] did not include the device authorization from the SERVIO in the request string for guide data for tuner devices that did not have a DVR service
26 December 2019
- [fix] lineups with ‘SP’ type programs would abort an update when trying to update the series image
25 December 2019
- [fix] an unintended change made it into the last release which will cause a failure to retrieve latest EPG123 version number. This will also flag an ERROR that has no impact to the successful completion of an update.
24 December 2019
- [fix] this fix is only for HDHR2MXF. SiliconDust changed a requirement for requests to their servers and I had to adjust
20 December 2019
- [fix] if starting a [Client Setup] from a non-elevated (as administrator) session, EPG123 would not create a backup of the WMC configurations. This bug was introduced in v22.214.171.124
20 December 2019
- [fix] HDHR2MXF XMLTV would fail if encountered a movie without a description
- when restarting the client to run as administrator for creating/deleting a task, the new window will go ahead and complete the action rather than waiting for the user to click the button again
- improved setup routine for HDHR2MXF and included shortcut in start menu to demand an update and import for HDHR2MXF
- HDHR2MXF will save the XMLTV file in the same folder as the MXF file
18 December 2019
- [fix] IF you do a Client Only install, and IF you select to include HDHR2MXF, and IF you do a Client Setup, and IF ‘Automatically proceed to next step’ is enabled (default), and IF you do NOT have a DVR Service subscription with SiliconDust, you could end up in an infinite loop on Step 3 of the Client Setup
17 December 2019
NOTE: Do not select to install the ‘HDHR2MXF for SiliconDust HDHR Tuners’ component if you do not have an active DVR Service subscription with SiliconDust. It won’t hurt anything, but can confuse things when installing a client only setup.
- [fix] XMLTV file creation was broken in last update
- [fix] HDHR2MXF JSON method would fail if a movie did not have a description
15 December 2019
This release adds another method to get guide data for WMC. There are some minor fixes but some significant improvement in efficiency and reliability of the client.
- [growth] added HDHR2MXF program to download guide data from SiliconDust if you have an active DVR subscription with them. Guide data will only be for channels that are part of your HDHR tuners
- [fix] found cases where the automatch routine for the scheduled task may not work
- [fix] related to above, the EPG123 lineup(s) were not being added to the ‘About Guide’ screen
- will no longer “refresh” all images on every updated. Reverting back to using cached links but will refresh images randomly once a month.
- each channel number in the XMLTV will have a separate
element rather than grouping channel numbers for the same station.
- when restarting the client to run as administrator for the Client Setup, Database Restore and Rebuild buttons, the new window will go ahead and start the action rather than waiting for the user to click the button again
- added progress bars to the client to watch while the merged channel listview is being built. This can take a while for those that have 9,999 channels.
- improved speed of populating the merged channel list view
26 November 2019
I’ve had a bit of a whirlwind of changes lately, and some of them were a little too fast. This release took a lot of work to better handle the ObjectStore. The last release broke the Rebuild and Restore functions and that led to a more robust approach. I feel the changes made deserved a larger revision bump, so welcome to v1.3! I also feel this version will be the final version until January when Microsoft stops their guide service and I may need to adjust the setup routine.
- [fix] the Rebuild and Restore processes would fail to run due to a lock on the database file
- [stability] no longer tries to fix merged channels upon detecting errors. Found a case where there was a false detection and a repair could do more harm than good.
For earlier versions, go to the archive page.