19 August 2017:
epg123Setup_v1.1.15.zip Installation package for Win7/Win8/Win8.1
epg123_v1.1.15_w7.zip Portable package for Win7
epg123_v1.1.15_w8.zip Portable package for Win8
epg123_v1.1.15_w8.1.zip Portable package for Win8.1
Quick release to address issues with EPG123 handling some changes in the SD json response for station/channel mappings.
- [fix] EPG123 now handles ‘null’ entries in the station/channel mappings
- [fix] EPG123 will now handle station/channel mappings that contain both QAM and Cable channel numbers. Previously would only use the QAM value.
19 August 2017: REMOVED v1.1.14 due to not completely fixing the null entry issue.
06 August 2017:
epg123Setup_v1.1.13.zip Installation package for Win7/Win8/Win8.1
epg123_v1.1.13_w7.zip Portable package for Win7
epg123_v1.1.13_w8.zip Portable package for Win8
epg123_v1.1.13_w8.1.zip Portable package for Win8.1
The fix for the Win7 issue with the Newtonsoft.json.dll assembly version has been addressed by embedding the dll into the epg123Transfer.exe file. This approach created the need to embed the dll into the epg123.exe file as well and remove the Newtonsoft.json.dll from the installation folder. If you install epg123 using the epg123Setup package, the dll file will automatically be removed. For those that use the portable files and copy into the epg123 folder, you will have to manually remove the dll file in order to use the transfer tool for Win7 machines.
The solution makes the Visual Studio solution package a little more interesting, but in the end it is cleaner for the user.
05 August 2017:
06 August 2017: Attention users of v1.1.12 on Windows 7 machines, the transfer tool will not work in its current configuration without some intervention. The Win7 tool was built with the .NET 3.5 version of the Newtonsoft.Json.dll file while the version shipped with EPG123 is the .NET 4.0 version. A workaround is to move the epg123Transfer.exe file into its own folder and download the .NET 3.5 version of the dll here. Extract the dll file from the download and place in the same folder as the transfer tool.
When I have a more elegant solution, I’ll release a new rev.
epg123Setup_v1.1.12.zip Installation package for Win7/Win8/Win8.1
epg123_v1.1.12_w7.zip Portable package for Win7
epg123_v1.1.12_w8.zip Portable package for Win8
epg123_v1.1.12_w8.1.zip Portable package for Win8.1
Minor update for the core program but a big improvement for the series recording transfer tool from Rovi to Gracenote/SD. For those series that have not aired yet and are not part of the database, you can now use information provided by theTVDB.com to make the transition.
- [fix] The transfer tool would not allow transfer of Wish List items.
- [enhancement] Transition tool can now use theTVDB to get Gracenote/SD series IDs to make the transition.
28 July 2017:
epg123Setup_v1.1.11.zip Installation package for Win7/Win8/Win8.1
epg123_v1.1.11_w7.zip Portable package for Win7
epg123_v1.1.11_w8.zip Portable package for Win8
epg123_v1.1.11_w8.1.zip Portable package for Win8.1
For the most part this is a maintenance update with the exception of a new tool included. For the newer installers of EPG123, there is now a transition tool to convert your Rovi recording requests into EPG123 recording requests. The database created to make this happen will continually be updated but currently stands at 11,164 series from the major US broadcasters, DirecTV, and DISH Network. I apologize to my international friends … performing the database updates takes time and I can only devote so many resources to this effort.
- [fix] Somehow broke the ability of the configuration GUI to handle password changes. It is now fixed.
- [fix] Corrected exception handling with trying to read an empty xml file for MCL XL.
- [enhancement] Added transition tool for recording requests.
- [enhancement] Greatly improved the ability of the client to delete the WMC database and clear the eHome folder. Should no longer be needed to boot into Safe Mode for some machines.
- [enhancement] Added the ability to increase max tuner limit from 4 to 32 tuners per type. It does the exact same thing as TunerSalad and Ceton InfiniTV software does.
- [growth] There is evidently an active project out there with the goal to refresh the look of the guide within WMC. Part of the effort will be to have ‘New’, ‘Premiere’, ‘Live’,… indicators in the grid listings. EPG123 supports that effort by including the isRepeat flag in the MXF file.