11 January 2019
Sometimes it’s the little things. Minor updates for better usability and setup. Also added to the XMLTV generator to provide multiple series images in different aspect ratios.
- Client will now notify user if WMC is not present before aborting initialization.
- Client will analyze the merged channels to determine if any EPG123 lineup service guide listings are associated with any guide channels. Will hopefully avoid any further “No Data Available” in the WMC guide due to failure to make those associations.
- Progress bar is smoother in operation and will notify user that closing the form will abort the update.
- When adding lineups, the countries are now in alphabetical order rather than separated by region; search results will also be in alphabetical order.
- Perform parallel downloads for some operations. Users with a large number of channels and/or large number of days to download may see a slight improvement in time to update.
- XMLTV file will now have up to 4 images for any program in the different aspect ratios (2×3, 3×4, 4×3, 16×9). All images will have dimension attributes for use by consuming program(s).
- XMLTV file will only have the content ratings from the country that matches the Windows regional language setting. This can be overridden or multiple countries can be allowed in the configuration file.
30 December 2018
Version 1.2.9 is really based off of v1.2.7 with the modifications I had done for v1.2.8 done a little differently. All the same improvements just with a more robust method. Also, I added one more change related to TV Ratings.
Repeat: Earlier this month, Gracenote changed their API a little and Schedules Direct followed suit. The changes were around the TV Ratings and Advisories. If you hadn’t noticed, you have been missing a lot of the TV ratings the last couple weeks. To adapt, I had to
move quite a bit of code around pay attention to the locale of the user to determine which content rating system was appropriate… and added some improvements along the way. The great thing with this adaptation is a lot of international users got a much larger support for ratings.
- [improvement] Restored TV Ratings for programs with new API feature and added support for more users
- [improvement] Along with the TV Ratings, will also have reasons for ratings if available for episodes (movies already had them)
- [improvement] Improved XMLTV content for ratings as well as added theTVDB as an episode-num system if available
- [adjustment] Will no longer cache the links for series images but will “refresh” the link on each update
- [fix] There was a download issue when using a custom lineup and an included subscribed lineup with common stations not being selected for download.
26 December 2018
Apologies, everyone. Version v1.2.8.x just wasn’t meant to be. I knew with some of the changes I made I had added some risk for race conditions, but I thought I had mitigated that… apparently not. I am abandoning that method and will be backing out most of the changes in the code and it will be released as a new version.
I had missed a ‘null’ check for determining movie star ratings and it was aborting the creation of the mxf file in v188.8.131.52/1. That has been fixed. Version v184.108.40.206 was uploaded to the server on 27 December 2018 @ 1735Z. (v220.127.116.11 was to address an error in the creation of the XMLTV file when the programme was also a premiere. It was uploaded on 27 December 2018 @ 0750Z.) epg123Setup_v18.104.22.168.zip Installation package for Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10
epg123_v22.214.171.124.zip Portable package for Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10 Earlier this month, Gracenote changed their API a little and Schedules Direct followed suit. The changes were around the TV Ratings and Advisories. If you hadn’t noticed, you have been missing a lot of the TV ratings the last couple weeks. To adapt, I had to move quite a bit of code around and added some improvements along the way. The great thing with this adaptation is a lot of international users got a much larger support for ratings. [improvement] Restored TV Ratings for programs with new API direction and added support for more users [improvement] Along with the TV Ratings, will also have reasons for ratings if available [improvement] Improved XMLTV content for ratings as well as added theTVDB as an episode-num system if available [adjustment] Will no longer cache the links for series images but will “refresh” the link on each update [fix] There was a download issue when using a custom lineup and an included subscribed lineup with common stations not being selected for download.
05 December 2018
Minor release that addresses some issues/concerns.
- [improvement] Handle malformed JSON responses from Schedules Direct for lineup channels and mappings.
- [fix] For lineups that have no channel number information, the program would ignore the channels. Now will accept the channels and use channel number -1.
- [improvement] The construction of station logos will now include a small transparent border. This way whatever container it is displayed in, there will some space around it.
- [fix] For programs without an OAD, will use date “1900-01-01” instead of “0001-01-01” for the XMLTV file. Some programs would choke on the latter.
- [improvement] Will handle a null value for the required ShowType field of a program.
- [fix] Found a case when adding lineups to the account, it may add the wrong one.
- [improvement] The Transfer Tool will now be able to import some manually created program/series requests that had a different XML scheme.
20 October 2018
Minor release that addresses some issues/concerns.
- [fix] Since the message to delete the current task and create a new task is getting lost when updating from v1.2.1 and lower, I added code in the client that will adjust the location of the mxf file to import automatically.
- [fix] Added a try/catch for the automatch routine to prevent an exception stopping the client from initiating a guide and recordings reindexing.
- [improvement] I changed the logic and method behind the archiving of old trace.log files and determining the oldest to delete. Completely transparent to the majority of users and no impact to execution.
- [improvement] Changed the format of the start and stop times in the XMLTV file to include offset hours in order to work with the NextPVR program. This is to work around an error currently in their code and has no side effects other than a slightly larger XMLTV file.
Message for Plex users. The option to use Plex friendly channel names has been removed. This may “break” your current mapping of guide listings to tuner channels. On a legal note, Schedules Direct informed/reminded the community that using Gracenote data through Schedules Direct for a “commercial product” is a violation of the Schedules Direct Terms of Service.