11 August 2018
Read special installation/upgrade instructions at bottom of post.
This release is for a couple minor fixes and an improvement.
- [fix] found case in which the epg123 client GUI would not populate the list views if a scheduled task did not exist
- [adjustment] I didn’t like the flow of the install in applying the folder permissions. If needed, there will be a prompt to the user to state what the program is going to do and warn it may take a while
- [improvement] with the new possible folder structure, I added a button to view the trace.log file on both GUIs (the Help button of the configuration GUI was re-purposed for this)
08 August 2018
Quick release to fix some permission issues particularly for Win10. It also affects other operating systems but only if the user that setup epg123 is different from the user that is used for the scheduled task. The answer to this was to change the permissions of the epg123 folder (C:\ProgramData\GaRyan2\epg123 or the [epg123]\ folder if not installed in a Program Files folder) to add Everyone with full control.
- [fix] add Everyone full control of the epg123 folder. After installation, open the EPG123 Configuration GUI and the permissions will automatically be applied. For portable installs, you will need to run as administrator.
- [fix] correctly assign the working folder when program starts; otherwise any program call from a command line outside the installation folder, or even possibly from double-clicking the exe, would fail to find the configuration file.
- [enhancement] the configuration GUI will highlight any channels that are NEW to your lineup(s) since last save. The visual indicator will allow for easier scan of the new channels to determine if you want to add them to your downloads.
05 August 2018
There has been a bit of work on how EPG123 is built. Instead of multiple builds each for the Win7, Win8, and Win8.1 versions of WMC, this old dog learned an old trick to only create 1 version that can support all of them. There will no longer be separate packages for each. Along with this new design, I no longer embed the Newtonsoft.Json.dll file in the epg123.exe or epg123Transfer.exe files.
Another major change is it supports being installed in the Program Files folder for the static files and using the ProgramData folder for the configuration files, logos, backups, logs, and generated guide files. This provides a much better structure and acceptance from the community. It will, however, require those upgrading to this version delete their existing scheduled task and create a new one due to change in location of the mxf file. Also, not shown in the graphic below, the XMLTV output file has changed from epg123.xml to epg123.xmltv for easier identification.
- fixed gap in logging an error if the executable was already open when a scheduled task was to run (and aborted)
- added ability to save a support file to be used by ModernMedia UI+ whenever it gets released
- adjust logger to clear the status of any errors detected while interfacing with the user, prior to performing an update
- added ability to include a BrandLogo visible in the guide similar to the status logo on the WMC home screen. This is for extenders that don’t have the benefit of seeing the status logo on the hosting machine. You will need to edit the epg123.cfg file and set the <BrandLogoImage> element to “light” or “dark”
- the movie cover art searches from TheMovieDb will now search by broadcast language first with the fallback being english
- only time discontinuities within 2 days from the time of update will be registered as a warning; otherwise it is just an information only entry
- added TV ratings support for German (Freiwillige Selbstkontrolle der Filmwirtschaft), French (Conseil Supérieur de l’Audiovisuel), and UK/GBR (UK Content Provider and British Board of Film Classification)
- fixed text placement of status logo when the screen dpi has changed due to using 125% or 150% text size
- added ability to catch and log an unhandled exception from the main program
- will no longer log a recording in progress when attempting to import an update as a warning
- will notify user of any programs that are locking the shell dll file when trying to update it using the Tweak WMC form
- greatly improved the client setup routine to include a status bar with descriptions of actions and adjusted for new knowledge that a mcupdate -uf will reset the tuner limit increase back to the default limit of 4
- now display the form while the listviews are being populated for better user experience
- automatically corrects correctable errors in the database merged channels
- corrected some erroneous TuningInfo values of merged channels due to overrides
Installation Scenarios (Updating from previous versions)
Previous installation is not in a Program Files folder:
v1.2.2 will install over the current location. The generated MXF and XMLTV files will now be located in the [epg123]\output folder. Action: create a new scheduled task.
Previous installation is in a Program Files folder:
v1.2.2 will install over the current location. The generated files will now be located in the ProgramData\GaRyan2\epg123 folder and subfolders. Action: move the \backup, \cache, \logos, and \sdlogos folders to ProgramData\GaRyan2\epg123 folder along with the epg123.cfg, EPG123Status.png, epg123Task.xml, guideImages.xml, and your trace.log files. Create a new scheduled task.
Uninstall previous version and install v1.2.2 to Program Files folder:
Action: move the same files as above to the ProgramData\GaRyan2\epg123 folder and create a new scheduled task.