This release is much more significant than I had anticipated, but it is all for the good.
- the About Guide now provides the version of EPG123 in use, along with a notification if an update is available
- there is a new option to automatically download newly added stations to your lineups
- for CableCARD users, this means it will also be automatically added to your guide if automatch is enabled
- there will be an alert in the trace.log file to identify any new channels regardless of choice to auto download or not
- renamed executable from epgAutomatch.exe to epg123Client.exe to reflect new role
- moved WMC database functions into epg123Client for whole home configurations
- corrected oversight in not applying the isGeneric flag to pre- and post- sports event live shows which resulted in them being identified as Repeats
- added “Miniseries Premiere” in the Premiere Category
- renamed “_Premiere_” in the movie genres to simply “Premiere” for aesthetic reasons
- now prevents Paid Programs from being identified as a series
- currently this means there will be no art for the paid programs; might fix later
For updates: after copying over the executables and pdf, it is advised to, at a minimum, run epg123.exe and click ‘Save’. This will identify all stations in your lineups to create a baseline and save in the configuration file in support of the new auto download feature for added channels.